Hyderabad sources reported the representation of women in the 119 member Telangana Assembly has dropped to 5% against the 7.5% in the dissolved House. Accordingly only six women have made it to the Assembly in the elections held on December 7. Previously there were nine members in the previous Assembly from 2014.
As per report three women candidates each of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) and Congress were elected this time and three of them come from tribal communities. Meanwhile Padma Devender Reddy, who was Deputy Speaker in the dissolved House, has been re-elected from Medak constituency. Furthermore TRS candidate for Khanapur Assembly constituency Rekha Naik a tribal and Gongidi Sunitha Reddy from Alair also retained their seats.
Reportedly the Congress party's D. Anasuya defeated Minister Azmeera Chandulal from Mulug constituency (reserved for Scheduled Tribe). Moreover Former Minister in undivided Andhra Pradesh Sabitha Indra Reddy was also elected from Maheshwaram. B. Haripriya of the Telugu Desam party was elected from Yellandu. Further the TRS, which came under criticism for not giving representation to women in the previous cabinet, had fielded only four women candidates.
PM Modi confident in making Bharat a 5 Trillion Dollar Economy New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the goal to make India a five trillion dollar economy is challenging but can be achieved and asked the states to recognize their core competence and work towards raising GDP targets. Reportedly in his opening remarks at the fifth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog, the Prime Minister said that empowerment
- June 17th: The Day of Embarrassment for Chandrababu?
- JC Family Decides About Their Political Future?
- Jagan Wants To Shame Chandrababu With That Move
- Nationwide strike on June 17 announced by IMA
- Jagan Impresses Rest of the CMs at NITI Aayog
- Chandrababu Naidu to do security checking in airport like an ordinary man
- India Vs Pakistan World Cup Manchester Pitch Report
- BJP and YSRCP Joint Action Plan to kill TDP in AP!
- New Chairman for AP CRDA appointed
- Jagan is Already Better Than Chandrababu In That Aspect
- Why So Much Drama Chandrababuji?
- PM Modi & Imran Khan exchanged pleasantries at SCO Summit
- Bengaluru Transport Department hikes students bus fare
- Jagan Playing Mind Game with Chandrababu?
- Expectations from Union Budget 2019