Sources from Chennai stated that Tamil superstar Rajinikanth said the BJP losing elections in the Hindi heartland states of Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan and a close contest with arch rival Congress in Madhya Pradesh showed it has "lost its influence." Meanwhile when reacting to BJP's loss, Makkal Needhi Maiam Chief Kamal Hassan in a tweet said, "First sign of a new start. This is people's verdict."
When speaking to reporters at the airport in Chennai, Rajinikanth said, "It clearly shows that BJP has lost its influence." Furthermore the electoral reverses for the saffron party were also a "setback" for it and the top actor's comments came in the wake of Congress trumping BJP in clear mandates in Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh to form governments, even as a close race was on the cards in Madhya Pradesh when reports last came in.
Earlier Rajinikanth, who had announced that he would take the political plunge, had last month virtually thrown his weight behind Modi, saying the PM was 'stronger' than '10 persons' aligning against him. He told "When 10 persons go against one person, who is stronger? Those 10, or the persons they are aligning against. If 10 persons declare a war against one man, who is stronger," when questioned on the possibility of an alliance by opposition parties against PM Modi and his BJP.
17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh Andhra Pradesh treasury has become empty after the TDP government was on an overdrive of Welfare Schemes to please the people before the election. The State has come to a Position in which except Pensions and employees' salaries noting can be paid. Bills worth whopping amount of Rs 17,413 crore is pending as on April 22nd.
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism