Accordingly Tamilnadu Plastic Manufacturers’ Association (TAPMA) has planned to hold a demonstration on Thursday, asking Tamilnadu government to withdraw its plastic ban that would take effect from January 1, 2019. Meanwhile TAPMA members allege that the government order is discriminatory in nature, which allows the use of plastics in many government sectors and large scale private sectors, while the same is banned for the public and small scale private sectors.
Accordingly a press release from TAPMA reads, “The government order bans all forms of plastics packaging including by small retail outlets, grocery shops, whereas the same is permitted for MNCs and FMCG companies. Furthermore this will hit the businesses of over 200,000 small vendors, hawkers, shops, hotels, restaurants, sweet shops, etc.” Hence single use plastics are commonly used for plastic packaging and include items like grocery bags, food containers, bottles, straws, containers, cups and cutlery.
Moreover B Swaminathan, Chairman, Environment Committee, TAPMA had remarked, “It is unfortunate that instead of taking a considered decision based on scientific facts, the state government has chosen to announce the ban under Rule 110 in the Tamilnadu Assembly, as a pet project, and the same is reluctantly being implemented by the officials of various departments.”
100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency Hyderabad sources reported that in a bid to highlight their problems, about 100 turmeric farmers 50 each from Telangana and Tamilnadu, are planning to file nominations as independents from the Varanasi constituency, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi is seeking re-election.
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!