Accordingly online food order and delivery startup Swiggy is looking to tap a new customer base which is students and currently it is experimenting with a handful of educational universities and is working on a business plan that could see its food delivery operations being extended to the university students across the country.
As per report Swiggy is calling it Launchpad and the company is spreading into university campuses and typically third year (the year before the final year of their 4 year engineering course) students will be appointed as Swiggy CEOs for the campus. Meanwhile if the university is integrated with the local town, then the Swiggy CEO would be for the town. Accordingly Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Hyderabad, Lovely Professional University and Chitkara University both in Punjab, are the institutions where Swiggy is currently running this program and by January, Swiggy’s Launchpad may reach around 400 universities.
Moreover Swiggy will
work on the different aspects to be addressed in this program and they will
have to pick as Swiggy CEOs, students with that kind of a flair and bent of
mind. Cycles may have to be used instead of bikes or scooters. Moreover on the
business end, it is also looking at brand tie-ups and roping in payment
channels like Google Pay and PhonePe
Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate Accordingly Finance Minister Arun Jaitley might make a move to the income tax exemption threshold to the salaried, which is as of now Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, which would be a huge relief to the middle class. Furthermore resuming tax free status for medical expenses and transport allowance, this move is being made to provide relief to this class, which was probably the worst hit by demonetization.
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi