New Delhi sources stated that after election analysis done immediately and results which were announced is like blind men describing an elephant. It is clear in even the most perfunctory scrutiny the BJP is losing its traction among the urban middle class. Meanwhile the earliest set of data indicates that not only has the BJP's supposedly impregnable voter base eroded the Congress has also eaten into this pie.
Accordingly the concomitant swings have created a perceptible gap into which fell the party's hopes of retaining the Hindi heartland states of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. Furthermore it holds over urban areas had helped the BJP clinch the tough fight against the Congress in Gujarat last year. Hence among the 42 urban seats in Modi's homeland, spread across eight major cities, BJP bagged 36, while the rest went to the Congress.
Reportedly Modi government had some sops for almost every interest group in the country except the middle class, who, instead, of any gratification in the forms of "tax cuts or sops, has had to contend with higher cesses".
Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65% New Delhi sources stated that Telecom operator Reliance Jio reported a jump of 65% in its net profit to Rs 831 crore during the December 2018 quarter, mainly on account of a rise in customer base. Meanwhile the company had recorded a net profit of Rs 681 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?