New Delhi sources stated that an official said the Interpol has issued a red corner notice (RCN) against fugitive Indian diamentaire Mehul Choksi after a request from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Accordingly Choksi, the Chairman of the Gitanjali Group who has taken refuge in Antigua, was one of the prime accused in the Rs 13,500 crore Punjab National Bank fraud along with his nephew Nirav Modi.
An official said "The Interpol issued the RCN on Wednesday". As per report with the RCN, Choksi could be arrested by any of the 192 member countries of the Interpol after which extradition or deportation proceedings can begin. Previously in February, a blue corner notice was issued against Nirav Modi and Choksi in connection with the PNB fraud case.
Moreover the ED in October had attached both their assets in India and abroad worth Rs 218 crore. Reportedly both left India in the first week of January, weeks before the scam was reported to the CBI. Further the Antiguan government is believed to have cleared his application for citizenship in November 2017, for which he may have paid around Rs 1.3 crore.
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam