According to sources the IMD stated the deep depression over south Bay of Bengal is likely to intensify into a cyclonic storm over the next 24 hours. Meanwhile the cyclonic storm is expected to move towards Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamilnadu coast over the next 72 hours and the regions could witness heavy to very heavy rainfall.
S Balachandran, Director, Area Cyclone Warning Centre of the Regional Meteorological Centre to media “A low pressure which is forming in the Bay of Bengal is expected to bring heavy showers to parts of Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu over this weekend". He added that over the 12 hours, the low pressure area over south Bay of Bengal and the adjacent Indian Oceans would intensify into a deep depression and would result in moderate to heavy rainfalls seen in North Tamilnadu and south coastal regions of Andhra Pradesh. Wind speed is expected to reach 50 to 60 kilometers per hour as a result of which the IMD has warned fishermen against venturing into the sea.
As per statistics on IMD’s Chennai website, there is a 51% deficit in the rainfall recorded in Chennai between October 1 and December 5. Chennai should have received 674.9mm of rainfall, but only has recorded 331.8mm so far.
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam