New Delhi sources stated that Bank unions have called for a nation-wide strike on 26 December to protest the proposed merger of Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank, which was approved by the Central Government in September. Meanwhile the strike is against the central government’s move and the concerned Public Sector banks are going ahead with their decision to protest against the proposed merger.
Furthermore in June-end, the total business size of these three entities (Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank) together was Rs 14.82 lakh crore and the merged entity will make it the third-largest lender in the country after State Bank of India (SBI) and HDFC Bank. Accordingly the strike will be organized by the United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU), and all unions under UFBU will participate in this strike call on December 26.
The banking transactions are going to be affected from December 21 to December 26. Reportedly 21 December proposed strike by All India Officers Confederation, 22 December is a fourth Saturday, which is a Bank holiday, 23 December is Sunday. On 24 December banks will be open on Monday, which will be a working day for all Banks, 25 December is Christmas and 26 December, the strike will be conducted by the United Forum of Bank Union.
17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh Andhra Pradesh treasury has become empty after the TDP government was on an overdrive of Welfare Schemes to please the people before the election. The State has come to a Position in which except Pensions and employees' salaries noting can be paid. Bills worth whopping amount of Rs 17,413 crore is pending as on April 22nd.
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism