According to sources in a Democracy, it holds true for
elections too, where you can not only buy people what they like or eat, but you
can also buy their vote just by appeasing them. Meanwhile in the recently
concluded Assembly elections in Telangana, money seems to have played a major role,
say political observers. They added like never before, money has been spent and
distributed across Telangana. Furthermore speculations are rife that at least
10 constituencies have witnessed more Rs. 100 cr spent for election campaigning
as well as distribution to voters.
Reportedly there were also schemes like win a bike or smart phone to attract people to vote. Meanwhile on the other hand, scores of migrant laborers came back to their villages to earn the money distributed by political parties during electioneering and the election season is generally seen as a bonus hour for the poor and there were jokes doing rounds on social media that they shared saying once the election season is over, they would go back to being "poor".
Moreover from paying these people to attend political rallies to paying them to vote for a particular party, the role of money, especially the arrival of Rs 2000 currency note make a huge difference. Accordingly the penetration of bribe into our voting system has escalated, let us hope that people realize to be conscious and cast their vote honestly without the influence of money or other materialistic things.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?