According to sources in a Democracy, it holds true for
elections too, where you can not only buy people what they like or eat, but you
can also buy their vote just by appeasing them. Meanwhile in the recently
concluded Assembly elections in Telangana, money seems to have played a major role,
say political observers. They added like never before, money has been spent and
distributed across Telangana. Furthermore speculations are rife that at least
10 constituencies have witnessed more Rs. 100 cr spent for election campaigning
as well as distribution to voters.
Reportedly there were also schemes like win a bike or smart phone to attract people to vote. Meanwhile on the other hand, scores of migrant laborers came back to their villages to earn the money distributed by political parties during electioneering and the election season is generally seen as a bonus hour for the poor and there were jokes doing rounds on social media that they shared saying once the election season is over, they would go back to being "poor".
Moreover from paying these people to attend political rallies to paying them to vote for a particular party, the role of money, especially the arrival of Rs 2000 currency note make a huge difference. Accordingly the penetration of bribe into our voting system has escalated, let us hope that people realize to be conscious and cast their vote honestly without the influence of money or other materialistic things.
2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls Accordingly not limiting themselves to expressing outrage on social media, or lamenting that Indian politics is ridden with corruption, two young women in the state have sprung a surprise by deciding to contest in the Telangana Panchayat elections. Meanwhile these two women are 24 year old Sushmitha Naidu from Nizamabad and 30 year old Sai Pravallika Nagam from Ghatkesar.
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu