According to sources in a Democracy, it holds true for
elections too, where you can not only buy people what they like or eat, but you
can also buy their vote just by appeasing them. Meanwhile in the recently
concluded Assembly elections in Telangana, money seems to have played a major role,
say political observers. They added like never before, money has been spent and
distributed across Telangana. Furthermore speculations are rife that at least
10 constituencies have witnessed more Rs. 100 cr spent for election campaigning
as well as distribution to voters.
Reportedly there were also schemes like win a bike or smart phone to attract people to vote. Meanwhile on the other hand, scores of migrant laborers came back to their villages to earn the money distributed by political parties during electioneering and the election season is generally seen as a bonus hour for the poor and there were jokes doing rounds on social media that they shared saying once the election season is over, they would go back to being "poor".
Moreover from paying these people to attend political rallies to paying them to vote for a particular party, the role of money, especially the arrival of Rs 2000 currency note make a huge difference. Accordingly the penetration of bribe into our voting system has escalated, let us hope that people realize to be conscious and cast their vote honestly without the influence of money or other materialistic things.
Kudos to CBN Nara Chandrababu Naidu is celebrating his 69th birthday. Once we revive his political history it is very hard to believe CBN survival in AP politics since 4 decades. As he saying, creating an opportunity from every crisis and grow like anything in the politics.
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding
- NIA conducted search operations for ISIS at Hyderabad
- Bollywood actress in top in Google!
- Kids die in water tank!
- Man kills woman and commits suicide!
- Kerala daughter takes bold step for dad!
- Decades long rivalry ends peacefully between Mayawati & Mulayam
- Why Priyanka Chaturvedi quit Congress?
- Tamilnadu Final voter turnout was 71.87%
- This 100 year Man ready to cast his vote for Kerala LS Polls