According to sources the Vedanta management is predictably very happy with the NGT order allowing it to resume operations and directing the TN electricity board to restore power to the smelter unit at Thoothukudi. Sterlite Copper CEO Ramnath, welcoming the NGT order said “They are happy that all those affected by the closure will get back their source of livelihood and the town of Thoothukudi will revert to normalcy and they will study the order in detail and shall take all steps required to restart the operations as per guidelines given by the honorable court”.
Meanwhile further insisting that Sterlite has been operating its smelter with “best in class technology adapting best practices followed globally”, Ramnath said the plant would continue to maintain its high standards.
Ramnath said in a statement released soon after the NGT Bench pronounced its verdict “We thank the people of Thoothukudi for the faith reposed in us and for their support. We will continue to work for the welfare of the communities around the region and remain committed to growing sustainably along with the people of Thoothukudi”.
Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi? New Delhi sources stated that Congress leader Shashi Tharoor alleged that he and other local leaders were not allowed to enter the centuries old Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala's capital Thiruvananthapuram during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Kerala. Reportedly Mr Tharoor, who is the lawmaker from the city, accused the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) of striking their names from the list of people allowed in the temple when the PM was there.
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules