According to sources the Vedanta management is predictably very happy with the NGT order allowing it to resume operations and directing the TN electricity board to restore power to the smelter unit at Thoothukudi. Sterlite Copper CEO Ramnath, welcoming the NGT order said “They are happy that all those affected by the closure will get back their source of livelihood and the town of Thoothukudi will revert to normalcy and they will study the order in detail and shall take all steps required to restart the operations as per guidelines given by the honorable court”.
Meanwhile further insisting that Sterlite has been operating its smelter with “best in class technology adapting best practices followed globally”, Ramnath said the plant would continue to maintain its high standards.
Ramnath said in a statement released soon after the NGT Bench pronounced its verdict “We thank the people of Thoothukudi for the faith reposed in us and for their support. We will continue to work for the welfare of the communities around the region and remain committed to growing sustainably along with the people of Thoothukudi”.
17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh Andhra Pradesh treasury has become empty after the TDP government was on an overdrive of Welfare Schemes to please the people before the election. The State has come to a Position in which except Pensions and employees' salaries noting can be paid. Bills worth whopping amount of Rs 17,413 crore is pending as on April 22nd.
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism