Kakinada sources stated that the cyclonic storm ‘PHETHAI’ is moving further north-northwestwards with a speed of 16 kmph during past 06 hours and is lay centered at 410 km east-southeast of Chennai (Tamilnadu), 530 km south-southeast of Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh) and 560 km south-southeast Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh). Meanwhile it is very likely to intensify further into a Severe Cyclonic Storm during next 24 hours and cross Andhra Pradesh coast around Kakinada by 17 December afternoon. Rains have started lashing places in East Godavari, West Godavari and Krishna districts.
Furthermore due to unfavorable environmental conditions, it is likely to weaken slightly before landfall and cross coast as a cyclonic storm. Reportedly MET department officials have informed the government that the cyclone could likely damage places in East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Prakasam, Guntur, and Visakhapatnam and low lying areas near the sea are likely to get inundated. District officials are taking measures for rescuing people and animals.
Moreover permanent and temporary shelters have been kept ready for shifting the people evacuated from the low lying areas in coastal villages. NDRF, SDRF, fire service personnel, Navy, Coast Guard are all on standby and the fisherman has been warned not to venture out in the seas.
Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate Accordingly Finance Minister Arun Jaitley might make a move to the income tax exemption threshold to the salaried, which is as of now Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, which would be a huge relief to the middle class. Furthermore resuming tax free status for medical expenses and transport allowance, this move is being made to provide relief to this class, which was probably the worst hit by demonetization.
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi