Dhaka sources made a statement that Bangladesh on Sunday celebrated the 47th Victory Day commemorating the day when Pakistan surrendered and Bangladesh emerged as a new country, ending the decade’s long rule of West Pakistan. Previously on December 16, 1971, the then East Pakistan under the leadership of founding father Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, won its emancipation and emerged as an independent state, Bangladesh.
As per report it was stated that the day's programs commenced with a 31 gun salute followed by tributes by President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at National Mausoleum in Savar on the outskirts of capital Dhaka. According to report the national flag was hoisted atop all government and private buildings while other public places were illuminated and roads decorated with flags and festoons across the country.
Moreover there was no parade in Dhaka this year due to the national elections slated for December 30. The day is a public holiday in Bangladesh. Reportedly special prayers were being offered in mosques, temples, pagodas and other places of worship.
Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies According to report popular Tamil actor Ajith Kumar announced that he doesn't wish to pursue politics. Meanwhile in an open letter, the actor shared that he's not entering politics further appealing to students to concentrate on their studies. Furthermore shutting down the numerous rumors doing the rounds regarding his political inclination in the upcoming elections, Ajith clarified in
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules