Dhaka sources made a statement that Bangladesh on Sunday celebrated the 47th Victory Day commemorating the day when Pakistan surrendered and Bangladesh emerged as a new country, ending the decade’s long rule of West Pakistan. Previously on December 16, 1971, the then East Pakistan under the leadership of founding father Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, won its emancipation and emerged as an independent state, Bangladesh.
As per report it was stated that the day's programs commenced with a 31 gun salute followed by tributes by President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at National Mausoleum in Savar on the outskirts of capital Dhaka. According to report the national flag was hoisted atop all government and private buildings while other public places were illuminated and roads decorated with flags and festoons across the country.
Moreover there was no parade in Dhaka this year due to the national elections slated for December 30. The day is a public holiday in Bangladesh. Reportedly special prayers were being offered in mosques, temples, pagodas and other places of worship.
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam