Following the green tribunal verdict ordering the reopening Sterlite copper plant in Thoothukudi, the people of the city have been agitated, and have started to protest against the verdict. In Thoothukudi, the people of the city had conducted protests for 100 days, fighting against the banning of the copper smelter plant, and on the 100th day, the protesters had planned to surround the collector office in Thoothukudi and went on a march.
During that moment the police opened fire, and in the shootout, 13 people were killed, and following this, the TN government, after facing severe backlash, sealed the plant permanently and closed it. The Vedanta groups which own Sterlite had filed a case against this closure in the Green tribunal. The green tribunal had ordered Vedanta to process the reopening of the plant, and the TN govt had appealed against the verdict in Supreme Court.
However, the Supreme Court dismissed the TN govt plea, and said that the green tribunal verdict cannot be challenged. Following this TN Govt appealed at the Green tribunal but they dismissed the TN govt order to close Sterlite, following which the protesters opposed the move, and protests have begun once again in Thoothukudi.
Kudos to CBN Nara Chandrababu Naidu is celebrating his 69th birthday. Once we revive his political history it is very hard to believe CBN survival in AP politics since 4 decades. As he saying, creating an opportunity from every crisis and grow like anything in the politics.
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding
- NIA conducted search operations for ISIS at Hyderabad
- Bollywood actress in top in Google!
- Kids die in water tank!
- Man kills woman and commits suicide!
- Kerala daughter takes bold step for dad!
- Decades long rivalry ends peacefully between Mayawati & Mulayam
- Why Priyanka Chaturvedi quit Congress?
- Tamilnadu Final voter turnout was 71.87%
- This 100 year Man ready to cast his vote for Kerala LS Polls