As per report citizens in Hyderabad may soon not be able to take a stroll along the walkway of the Kasu Brahmananda Reddy (KBR) National Park as the state government is seeking to go ahead with its Strategic Road Development Plan (SRDP) to construct multi-layer flyovers around the city's largest lung space. Meanwhile the bone of contention between activists and the government is over the proposed 'shrinking' of the walkway, which is part of the Eco Sensitive Zone (ESZ) of the national park in the heart of the city.
Earlier the state government had taken up the issue with the Centre and sought permission to cut trees and reduce the width of the walkway, in order to facilitate the construction of the flyovers. Furthermore following this, activists in Hyderabad have started an online petition to 'Save KBR Park' as the 60 day period to raise objections with the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) is set to end soon.
Kaajal Maheshwari from citizen initiative 'Citizens for Hyderabad' said “The Centre could have rejected the proposal but they have also accepted the state government's plan and published the draft notification and such notifications are not issued during elections, but the draft was published on October 30, when all of us least expected it. Activists have also started a website for the same purpose and also plan to hold a rally on the morning of December 23 at the main gate of KBR Park”.
100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency Hyderabad sources reported that in a bid to highlight their problems, about 100 turmeric farmers 50 each from Telangana and Tamilnadu, are planning to file nominations as independents from the Varanasi constituency, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi is seeking re-election.
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!