As per report citizens in Hyderabad may soon not be able to take a stroll along the walkway of the Kasu Brahmananda Reddy (KBR) National Park as the state government is seeking to go ahead with its Strategic Road Development Plan (SRDP) to construct multi-layer flyovers around the city's largest lung space. Meanwhile the bone of contention between activists and the government is over the proposed 'shrinking' of the walkway, which is part of the Eco Sensitive Zone (ESZ) of the national park in the heart of the city.
Earlier the state government had taken up the issue with the Centre and sought permission to cut trees and reduce the width of the walkway, in order to facilitate the construction of the flyovers. Furthermore following this, activists in Hyderabad have started an online petition to 'Save KBR Park' as the 60 day period to raise objections with the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) is set to end soon.
Kaajal Maheshwari from citizen initiative 'Citizens for Hyderabad' said “The Centre could have rejected the proposal but they have also accepted the state government's plan and published the draft notification and such notifications are not issued during elections, but the draft was published on October 30, when all of us least expected it. Activists have also started a website for the same purpose and also plan to hold a rally on the morning of December 23 at the main gate of KBR Park”.
Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate Accordingly Finance Minister Arun Jaitley might make a move to the income tax exemption threshold to the salaried, which is as of now Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, which would be a huge relief to the middle class. Furthermore resuming tax free status for medical expenses and transport allowance, this move is being made to provide relief to this class, which was probably the worst hit by demonetization.
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi