Accordingly over 10.3 lakh hectares of agricultural crop and more than 10,000 hectares of horticulture crops suffered damage in Andhra Pradesh due to Cyclone Phethai, as per the preliminary estimates made by Real Time Governance Society (RTGS). Reportedly RTGS is the command centre in Amaravati which monitored the situation and sent quick updates to the respective authorities and departments.
Meanwhile authorities estimate that 140 mandals in the state suffered agricultural damage. Accordingly East and West Godavari were the worst hit with the cyclone wreaking havoc in 30 mandals each in these districts. Furthermore in Krishna district, 24 mandals suffered heavy damage while in Guntur 23 mandals were affected. As per report the damage estimates are as follows: 11,711 hectares of rice, 7,025 hectares of maize, 2,296 hectares of dal, 1,221 hectares of tobacco, 566 hectares of sunflower and 394.8 hectares of sugarcane.
Moreover RGTS made a preliminary assessment that over 10,000 farmers suffered losses in horticulture and also estimated that the loss would be Rs 1,647 lakh. Further Cyclone Phethai made landfall on Monday near Katrenikona in East Godavari, affecting the coastal districts with heavy rainfall, following which train services and flights were cancelled, and power supply was also disrupted.
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam