Accordingly over 10.3 lakh hectares of agricultural crop and more than 10,000 hectares of horticulture crops suffered damage in Andhra Pradesh due to Cyclone Phethai, as per the preliminary estimates made by Real Time Governance Society (RTGS). Reportedly RTGS is the command centre in Amaravati which monitored the situation and sent quick updates to the respective authorities and departments.
Meanwhile authorities estimate that 140 mandals in the state suffered agricultural damage. Accordingly East and West Godavari were the worst hit with the cyclone wreaking havoc in 30 mandals each in these districts. Furthermore in Krishna district, 24 mandals suffered heavy damage while in Guntur 23 mandals were affected. As per report the damage estimates are as follows: 11,711 hectares of rice, 7,025 hectares of maize, 2,296 hectares of dal, 1,221 hectares of tobacco, 566 hectares of sunflower and 394.8 hectares of sugarcane.
Moreover RGTS made a preliminary assessment that over 10,000 farmers suffered losses in horticulture and also estimated that the loss would be Rs 1,647 lakh. Further Cyclone Phethai made landfall on Monday near Katrenikona in East Godavari, affecting the coastal districts with heavy rainfall, following which train services and flights were cancelled, and power supply was also disrupted.
Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi? New Delhi sources stated that Congress leader Shashi Tharoor alleged that he and other local leaders were not allowed to enter the centuries old Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala's capital Thiruvananthapuram during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Kerala. Reportedly Mr Tharoor, who is the lawmaker from the city, accused the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) of striking their names from the list of people allowed in the temple when the PM was there.
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules