According to sources the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on Wednesday launched the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) carrying the GSAT-7A satellite for the Indian Air Force (IAF) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR) in Andhra Pradesh’s Sriharikota on Wednesday at 4.10 pm. Meanwhile GSLV-F11 successfully injected the 2,250-kg GSAT-7A into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO), just over 19 minutes after the lift-off.
As per report the satellite will be placed in its final Geostationary Orbit (GEO) using the on-board propulsion system. It will take a few days after separation from the launcher to reach its orbital slot. Furthermore the satellite, with a maximum life of eight years, has been built to provide communication capability to the IAF in Ku-band over the Indian region. GSAT-7A is the 35th Indian Communication satellite built by ISRO. GSAT-7A Spacecraft is configured on ISRO’s standard I-2000 Kg (I-2K) Bus. The Satellite is built to provide communication capability to the users in Ku-band over the Indian region.
Reportedly GSLV–F11 is ISRO’s fourth generation launch vehicle with three stages. Hence the four liquid strap-ons and a solid rocket motor at the core form the first stage and the second stage is equipped with a high thrust engine using liquid fuel. Moreover the Cryogenic Upper Stage forms the third and final stage of the vehicle.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?