Mumbai sources reported that sustained inflationary risks, rising trade tensions, tightening of global financial conditions and slowing down of global demand led the RBI to keep its key lending rate and 'calibrated tightening' stance unchanged on December 5. Meanwhile this was despite fall in oil prices and acceleration in investment activity, as per the minutes of RBI's latest Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting released on Wednesday.
The central bank said "The time is apposite to further strengthen domestic macroeconomic fundamentals. In this context, fiscal discipline is critical to create space for and crowd in private investment activity". Furthermore the MPC noted that the benign outlook for headline inflation is driven mainly by unexpected softening of food inflation and collapse in oil prices in a relatively short period of time.
Reportedly excluding food items, inflation remains "sticky and elevated", and the output gap remains closed. It also noted that even as escalating trade tensions, tightening of global financial conditions and slowing down of global demand poses some downside risks. It added "The decline in oil prices in recent weeks, if sustained, will provide tailwinds. The acceleration in investment activity also bodes well for the medium-term growth potential of the economy".
Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies According to report popular Tamil actor Ajith Kumar announced that he doesn't wish to pursue politics. Meanwhile in an open letter, the actor shared that he's not entering politics further appealing to students to concentrate on their studies. Furthermore shutting down the numerous rumors doing the rounds regarding his political inclination in the upcoming elections, Ajith clarified in
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules