Mumbai sources reported that sustained inflationary risks, rising trade tensions, tightening of global financial conditions and slowing down of global demand led the RBI to keep its key lending rate and 'calibrated tightening' stance unchanged on December 5. Meanwhile this was despite fall in oil prices and acceleration in investment activity, as per the minutes of RBI's latest Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting released on Wednesday.
The central bank said "The time is apposite to further strengthen domestic macroeconomic fundamentals. In this context, fiscal discipline is critical to create space for and crowd in private investment activity". Furthermore the MPC noted that the benign outlook for headline inflation is driven mainly by unexpected softening of food inflation and collapse in oil prices in a relatively short period of time.
Reportedly excluding food items, inflation remains "sticky and elevated", and the output gap remains closed. It also noted that even as escalating trade tensions, tightening of global financial conditions and slowing down of global demand poses some downside risks. It added "The decline in oil prices in recent weeks, if sustained, will provide tailwinds. The acceleration in investment activity also bodes well for the medium-term growth potential of the economy".
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam