According to sources the congested roads, which had earlier stopped a terror attack, can very well be the cause of fewer road accidents in the IT capital of the country. Reportedly statistics by the Bengaluru Traffic Police state that the number of roads kills have decreased since 2017. Earlier in 2017, the number of accidental deaths was 642 and till November 2018, the number is 611.
Furthermore the numbers have been reducing since 2016 and the same growth stunt has been recorded in the number of road accidents registered by the Traffic Police. Accordingly the number of accidents in Bengaluru roads recorded in 2016, 2017 and 2018 stood at 5,333, 5,064 and 4,172 respectively. Additional Commissioner of Traffic Police of Bengaluru told “Our focus is not on generating record fines. We are deploying personnel at accident spots and congested stretches, instead of booking cases".
Moreover according to experts, the congestion on the city’s roads prevents over-speeding during most hours of the day and as a result, has led to a decrease in the number of road accidents. Reports stated the main reason for the reduction in the number of accidents can be explained in the rise in the number of vehicles and the IT city, with an increased migrant population, has seen a massive spike in the number of private vehicles in the city, especially two-wheelers.
When Lokesh Greeted Jagan with Folded Hands Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for the first time entered the AP Legislative Council Session on Monday. The first day of the 33rd Session commenced in the morning and was presided by Shariff Mohammed Ahmed the Chairman of the AP Legislative Council.
- Jagan's Popularity Soaring in Amaravati?
- Heat wave to continue in Chennai: IMD
- Chandrababu is Torture, Jagan is Torch-Bearer
- Which will make Rahul Gandhi stronger?
- AP Minister Calls Nara Lokesh as Mangalagiri Pappu in the Assembly
- Sri Reddy's next target is Actor Vishal
- Bar dancer stripped and attacked!
- Man cheats 32000 and escapes!
- Women directors for Chandrayaan 2!
- Girl dies as mother searches water!
- AP CM Jagan works for getting Special Category Status to AP
- BSNL website has listed the 'Abhinandan-151' prepaid recharge plan
- Trump called media corrupt & said journalists are enemy of the people
- Is Tamilnadu Govt doing its best to tackle the ongoing water crisis in the state?
- Telangana to receive Monsoon by June 20