According to sources the congested roads, which had earlier stopped a terror attack, can very well be the cause of fewer road accidents in the IT capital of the country. Reportedly statistics by the Bengaluru Traffic Police state that the number of roads kills have decreased since 2017. Earlier in 2017, the number of accidental deaths was 642 and till November 2018, the number is 611.
Furthermore the numbers have been reducing since 2016 and the same growth stunt has been recorded in the number of road accidents registered by the Traffic Police. Accordingly the number of accidents in Bengaluru roads recorded in 2016, 2017 and 2018 stood at 5,333, 5,064 and 4,172 respectively. Additional Commissioner of Traffic Police of Bengaluru told “Our focus is not on generating record fines. We are deploying personnel at accident spots and congested stretches, instead of booking cases".
Moreover according to experts, the congestion on the city’s roads prevents over-speeding during most hours of the day and as a result, has led to a decrease in the number of road accidents. Reports stated the main reason for the reduction in the number of accidents can be explained in the rise in the number of vehicles and the IT city, with an increased migrant population, has seen a massive spike in the number of private vehicles in the city, especially two-wheelers.
Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate Accordingly Finance Minister Arun Jaitley might make a move to the income tax exemption threshold to the salaried, which is as of now Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, which would be a huge relief to the middle class. Furthermore resuming tax free status for medical expenses and transport allowance, this move is being made to provide relief to this class, which was probably the worst hit by demonetization.
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi