People of 15 villages have given a petition to the district collector demanding the reopening of Sterlite copper plant. Following numerous protests by people of Thoothukudi that the toxic from Sterlite copper plant has been spoiling the environment, causing pollution, on May 28, the plant was sealed, and closed permanently after being ordered by the government.
In such a scenario, people of 15 villages have met the collector and have given a plea to reopen Sterlite. Aathur, Udankudi, South Veerapandiyapuram and many villages, have given the petition citing reason that due to the closure of the plant, many have lost jobs and due to the economic crisis are unable to run the family, and added that there are 4000 of them working there and they do not have any health issues due to Sterlite, and demanded them to check their health conditions, and reopen Sterlite copper plant.
To prevent clash between these 15 village people and people protesting against the reopening of Sterlite, strong police protection was given.
Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails Sources from Colombo made a statement that the death toll in Sri Lanka's Easter Sunday bomb attacks has risen to 359, police said on Wednesday. Presently as per report extensive search operations were carried out and several people arrested in connection with the attacks on Tuesday, Police spokesman Ruwan Guansekera said. Gunasekera said, "The number of death now is 359".!
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts