People of 15 villages have given a petition to the district collector demanding the reopening of Sterlite copper plant. Following numerous protests by people of Thoothukudi that the toxic from Sterlite copper plant has been spoiling the environment, causing pollution, on May 28, the plant was sealed, and closed permanently after being ordered by the government.
In such a scenario, people of 15 villages have met the collector and have given a plea to reopen Sterlite. Aathur, Udankudi, South Veerapandiyapuram and many villages, have given the petition citing reason that due to the closure of the plant, many have lost jobs and due to the economic crisis are unable to run the family, and added that there are 4000 of them working there and they do not have any health issues due to Sterlite, and demanded them to check their health conditions, and reopen Sterlite copper plant.
To prevent clash between these 15 village people and people protesting against the reopening of Sterlite, strong police protection was given.
Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65% New Delhi sources stated that Telecom operator Reliance Jio reported a jump of 65% in its net profit to Rs 831 crore during the December 2018 quarter, mainly on account of a rise in customer base. Meanwhile the company had recorded a net profit of Rs 681 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?