Chennai sources stated that even before the mammoth statue of Lord Vishnu measuring 64 feet and weighing over 300 tons, could reach the destination in Bengaluru to be formally installed and the impressive image started attracting hundreds of devotees from Villupuram and Tiruvannamalai districts in the State. Meanwhile en route Bengaluru, the 240 tyre trailer, carrying the statue of Vishwaroopa Mahavishnu, had to halt near Senji (Gingee) (in Villupuram district), about 155 km from here.
Furthermore according to sources the trailer was stopped at Senji apprehensive of damaging houses. Further the impressive statue was carved out of a hillock in Korakkottai village in Vandavasi taluk of Tiruvannamalai, near here, and carefully placed on the 240 tyre trailer, recently and it had moved nearly 300 metres in the last few days. It took three days to move the vehicle from the quarrying site.
Moreover from Senji the statue would be moved through Tiruvannamalai, Hosur and finally to Bengaluru. Recently Tiruvannamalai collector K. S. Kandasamy, who is the government appointed nodal officer to facilitate Kothandaramaswami Charitable Trust in Bengaluru to transport the idols, had visited the spot and enquired with the temple administration about the preparedness. Reportedly Kalaiselvi of Senji said “She is very happy to see the Lord here, though she saw him at Thellar, but this is a unique experience. It is a beautifully carved statue.”
Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate Accordingly Finance Minister Arun Jaitley might make a move to the income tax exemption threshold to the salaried, which is as of now Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, which would be a huge relief to the middle class. Furthermore resuming tax free status for medical expenses and transport allowance, this move is being made to provide relief to this class, which was probably the worst hit by demonetization.
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi