As per report Andhra Pradesh IT Minister Nara Lokesh said that he will contest the upcoming Assembly elections in the state, adding that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) would decide the seat. Meanwhile Lokesh was speaking to reporters, days after his father and Andhra Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said that the TDP was already deciding its candidates for the polls.
Previously in February Lokesh was inducted into the state cabinet after the TDP politburo recommended his nomination to the state legislative council. Reportedly the businessman-politician had said that he was ready to discharge any responsibility given by the party. Furthermore in March, Lokesh, who is also the TDP National Secretary, took oath as Member of the Legislative Council. Accordingly Lokesh was elected unopposed as an MLC under the MLAs quota on March 10 alongside four others from the ruling TDP.
Presently opposition parties in the state have often criticized the process that was followed, asking if Lokesh could have won a ticket, if he contested an election. Moreover in what seems an attempt to prove the opposition leaders wrong, the TDP has decided to field Lokesh in the upcoming polls. Further there was speculation as to which seat Lokesh would contest from, he has denied that it would be Kuppam constituency, a seat which his father has been holding continuously since 1989.
Kudos to CBN Nara Chandrababu Naidu is celebrating his 69th birthday. Once we revive his political history it is very hard to believe CBN survival in AP politics since 4 decades. As he saying, creating an opportunity from every crisis and grow like anything in the politics.
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding
- NIA conducted search operations for ISIS at Hyderabad
- Bollywood actress in top in Google!
- Kids die in water tank!
- Man kills woman and commits suicide!
- Kerala daughter takes bold step for dad!
- Decades long rivalry ends peacefully between Mayawati & Mulayam
- Why Priyanka Chaturvedi quit Congress?
- Tamilnadu Final voter turnout was 71.87%
- This 100 year Man ready to cast his vote for Kerala LS Polls