As per report Andhra Pradesh IT Minister Nara Lokesh said that he will contest the upcoming Assembly elections in the state, adding that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) would decide the seat. Meanwhile Lokesh was speaking to reporters, days after his father and Andhra Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said that the TDP was already deciding its candidates for the polls.
Previously in February Lokesh was inducted into the state cabinet after the TDP politburo recommended his nomination to the state legislative council. Reportedly the businessman-politician had said that he was ready to discharge any responsibility given by the party. Furthermore in March, Lokesh, who is also the TDP National Secretary, took oath as Member of the Legislative Council. Accordingly Lokesh was elected unopposed as an MLC under the MLAs quota on March 10 alongside four others from the ruling TDP.
Presently opposition parties in the state have often criticized the process that was followed, asking if Lokesh could have won a ticket, if he contested an election. Moreover in what seems an attempt to prove the opposition leaders wrong, the TDP has decided to field Lokesh in the upcoming polls. Further there was speculation as to which seat Lokesh would contest from, he has denied that it would be Kuppam constituency, a seat which his father has been holding continuously since 1989.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?