As per report Andhra Pradesh IT Minister Nara Lokesh said that he will contest the upcoming Assembly elections in the state, adding that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) would decide the seat. Meanwhile Lokesh was speaking to reporters, days after his father and Andhra Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said that the TDP was already deciding its candidates for the polls.
Previously in February Lokesh was inducted into the state cabinet after the TDP politburo recommended his nomination to the state legislative council. Reportedly the businessman-politician had said that he was ready to discharge any responsibility given by the party. Furthermore in March, Lokesh, who is also the TDP National Secretary, took oath as Member of the Legislative Council. Accordingly Lokesh was elected unopposed as an MLC under the MLAs quota on March 10 alongside four others from the ruling TDP.
Presently opposition parties in the state have often criticized the process that was followed, asking if Lokesh could have won a ticket, if he contested an election. Moreover in what seems an attempt to prove the opposition leaders wrong, the TDP has decided to field Lokesh in the upcoming polls. Further there was speculation as to which seat Lokesh would contest from, he has denied that it would be Kuppam constituency, a seat which his father has been holding continuously since 1989.
Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections? According to sources with the Election Commission announcing the election dates for poll-bound Haryana Assembly, which is scheduled to be held in a single phase on October 21, the poll body is gearing up to conduct the electoral exercise in a democratic set up and the present term of the Haryana Assembly will end on 2 November
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue