As per report it was stated that over 100 students of government schools in Ballari and Bagalkot districts and around 25 students of a government primary school in Hagalur village in Ballari fell ill after consuming separate mid-day meals on Thursday. Meanwhile Arun Rangarajan, the Superintendent of Police of Ballari said, several students saw a lizard in the meal, which was reported to the teacher. Furthermore soon after the incident was reported, several children in Classes 2, 3 and 4 began to vomit.
Immediately they were rushed to the local Primary Health Centre where they were treated for food poisoning. Accordingly Karnataka Food Commission had stated that Akshaya Patra's food was bland and monotonous as they did not use onion and garlic in the meals. Reportedly this had led to children not eating the food and the commission had also noted that Akshaya Patra was not providing an adequate quantity of food as prescribed by the Karnataka government.
Earlier on Wednesday, the state food commission had met with representatives of Akshaya Patra in Bengaluru. Krishnamurthy, the Chairman of the Food Commission said "Akshaya Patra representatives said that they would find nutritional replacements for onion and garlic. They denied allegations of the food being bland. The government is testing the food quality and taste in every district. Once the test results are out, we will know how to proceed further".
CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue According to sources probably for the first time after Telangana state formation, CM KCR has been cornered to the core and there is an all round attack on him like never before. Meanwhile even party's seniors and other leaders are in a fix over the growing dissent against the government. Furthermore even ministers and veterans of party disown the government's stand on RTC strike and this whole turmoil has snowballed into RTC Vs KCR instead of RTC Vs Government and instead
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case