Accordingly the Madras High Court had reserved its verdict on the plea for stay on ban of online sale of drugs ordered by a single judge bench of the court. Meanwhile a two-judge bench consisting of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and P Rajamanickam also stated that the ban ordered earlier by the court shall not come into force till they pronounce their verdict. Furthermore the order came after a group of e-pharmaceutical firms filed a petition in the court for a stay to the ban imposed by an earlier judgment.
Meanwhile in the earlier order delivered on December 17, Justice Pushpa Sathyanarayana had stated that online sale of drugs be banned until the Drugs and Cosmetics (Amendment) Rules of 2018 permitting the sale of drugs and cosmetics through websites is notified by the Centre.
Moreover the counsels for the Tamilnadu Chemists and Druggists Association who had filed the original petition seeking a ban on online pharmacies stuck to their stand that online sale cannot be permitted until the rules are notified by the government of India. Earlier TNCDA had first approached the court requesting a ban citing that though purchasing medicines online is convenient to the consumer, it poses severe health risks since the medicines could come from unlicensed online stores.
Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies According to report popular Tamil actor Ajith Kumar announced that he doesn't wish to pursue politics. Meanwhile in an open letter, the actor shared that he's not entering politics further appealing to students to concentrate on their studies. Furthermore shutting down the numerous rumors doing the rounds regarding his political inclination in the upcoming elections, Ajith clarified in
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules