Accordingly the Madras High Court had reserved its verdict on the plea for stay on ban of online sale of drugs ordered by a single judge bench of the court. Meanwhile a two-judge bench consisting of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and P Rajamanickam also stated that the ban ordered earlier by the court shall not come into force till they pronounce their verdict. Furthermore the order came after a group of e-pharmaceutical firms filed a petition in the court for a stay to the ban imposed by an earlier judgment.
Meanwhile in the earlier order delivered on December 17, Justice Pushpa Sathyanarayana had stated that online sale of drugs be banned until the Drugs and Cosmetics (Amendment) Rules of 2018 permitting the sale of drugs and cosmetics through websites is notified by the Centre.
Moreover the counsels for the Tamilnadu Chemists and Druggists Association who had filed the original petition seeking a ban on online pharmacies stuck to their stand that online sale cannot be permitted until the rules are notified by the government of India. Earlier TNCDA had first approached the court requesting a ban citing that though purchasing medicines online is convenient to the consumer, it poses severe health risks since the medicines could come from unlicensed online stores.
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam