Chennai sources stated that the Centre's decision to reduce GST on cinema tickets exceeding `100 to 18% from the current 28%, and up to `100 to 12% from the present 18%, has received good response from both the cine industry and the customers. Meanwhile the 31st GST meeting was held at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi, on Saturday chaired by Union finance minister Arun Jaitley.
Accordingly TN fisheries minister D. Jayakumar represented in the meeting on behalf of Tamilnadu, while all the finance ministers from all the states took part in the meeting. Furthermore after the meeting, Jayakumar was responding to a volley of questions. "GST slab of 28% has been reduced for several commodities, while slab of 28% GST has been slashed to 18% for 23 other commodities.
He said "We welcome that GST on cinema tickets has been cut down". Similarly, Puducherry CM Narayanasamy said that the GST slab of 18% has been reduced to 12% and 5 % respectively for 33 items. TN BJP president Tamilisai Soundararajan took to twitter that "People welfare focused honorable PM. GST on cinema tickets reduced. Ticket rates up to `100 reduced from 18% to 12% above `100 reduced from 28% to 18%, a big support to Tamil film industry".
Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies According to report popular Tamil actor Ajith Kumar announced that he doesn't wish to pursue politics. Meanwhile in an open letter, the actor shared that he's not entering politics further appealing to students to concentrate on their studies. Furthermore shutting down the numerous rumors doing the rounds regarding his political inclination in the upcoming elections, Ajith clarified in
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules