Accordingly tensions are simmering at Pamba in Kerala as six women arrived at the town in an attempt to enter the hill shrine of Sabarimala, even as anti-women entry protesters gathered to stop them. Meanwhile a group of 11 women, including 5 who came along to give the others moral support as they attempt to climb the 18 sacred steps, assembled at Pamba at 4 am on Sunday amidst high security.
Reportedly the 11 women belong to Manithi, a Chennai based all-women group, which decided to attempt entry despite the threats and violence faced by women devotees and journalists over the last couple of months. As per report the group, all the women who are attempting to enter the shrine Selvi, Muthulekshmi, Karppakam, Eshwari, Sreedevi and Kala have followed the required fasts and rituals in the run up to the pilgrimage.
Moreover DySP Sreekumar said, "The information we got is that a Tamilnadu-based group, and women coming from different places would reach Kottayam and head to Pamba. Accordingly they would reach Kottayam through different means, but then the main group headed by Selvi went by road to Pamba. Further when the morning Chennai mail came, a group of protestors had headed to the station but they were stopped at Logos junction."
100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency Hyderabad sources reported that in a bid to highlight their problems, about 100 turmeric farmers 50 each from Telangana and Tamilnadu, are planning to file nominations as independents from the Varanasi constituency, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi is seeking re-election.
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!