Accordingly Tamilnadu's capital city is heading towards a potential drought like situation in 2019 with the northeast monsoons bringing in very little rainfall. Presently Chennai is staring at a 54%-deficit in rainfall and lakes surrounding the city, which are important sources of water, are drying up. Meanwhile according to S Janakarajan, Professor and Officiating Director at Madras Institute of Development Studies there are 3600 water bodies in Kanchipuram, Chennai and Tiruvallur districts, and 4,100 including those in Arakkonam.
Furthermore despite the huge number of water bodies, we are staring at a deficit. Hence the shortage of rainfall this season has threatened to dry up several lakes on the outskirts of Chennai, including Poondi, Cholavaram, Redhills and Chembarambakkam, which supply drinking water to the city.
Moreover these nine maps compare satellite images of these water bodies in December 2017 and 2018, to show that there is a stark reduction in the availability of water in these lakes. Raj Bhagat P, Senior Project Associate of WRI India said "Even when we have surplus water, we don't plan the water management based on future needs. When supply is more, consumption pattern changes causing over consumption".
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam