Hyderabad sources reported that the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) juggernaut rolled on in 2018 with the party storming to power with a two thirds majority in the assembly elections to form its second straight government in the state. Accordingly during the year, the state witnessed one of the worst road tragedies in the country when 60 people were killed in a bus accident in September.
Meanwhile verdicts in key terror cases saw Hindutva preacher Swami Aseemanand being acquitted by an NIA court in the 11 year old Mecca Masjid blast case and two terrorists awarded capital punishment in another blast case. Furthermore TRS supreme K Chandrasekhar Rao, who scripted the stunning victory in the December 7 polls, swiftly elevated his son K T Rama Rao as the working president of the party and announced plans to push his initiative for a non-BJP and non-Congress front at the national level.
Moreover the TRS government's efforts to woo investors saw Swedish furniture giant Ikea making its foray into the Indian market at an investment of over Rs 800 crore. Reportedly the state capital continued to be one of the favored destinations for IT companies with Qualcomm announcing plans to set up its largest campus outside the US here at an investment outlay of USD 400 million (Rs 3,000 crore). Smartphone brands OnePlus and Oppo and superbike maker Benelli also announced plans to invest in Telangana.
Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65% New Delhi sources stated that Telecom operator Reliance Jio reported a jump of 65% in its net profit to Rs 831 crore during the December 2018 quarter, mainly on account of a rise in customer base. Meanwhile the company had recorded a net profit of Rs 681 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?