Hyderabad sources reported that the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) juggernaut rolled on in 2018 with the party storming to power with a two thirds majority in the assembly elections to form its second straight government in the state. Accordingly during the year, the state witnessed one of the worst road tragedies in the country when 60 people were killed in a bus accident in September.
Meanwhile verdicts in key terror cases saw Hindutva preacher Swami Aseemanand being acquitted by an NIA court in the 11 year old Mecca Masjid blast case and two terrorists awarded capital punishment in another blast case. Furthermore TRS supreme K Chandrasekhar Rao, who scripted the stunning victory in the December 7 polls, swiftly elevated his son K T Rama Rao as the working president of the party and announced plans to push his initiative for a non-BJP and non-Congress front at the national level.
Moreover the TRS government's efforts to woo investors saw Swedish furniture giant Ikea making its foray into the Indian market at an investment of over Rs 800 crore. Reportedly the state capital continued to be one of the favored destinations for IT companies with Qualcomm announcing plans to set up its largest campus outside the US here at an investment outlay of USD 400 million (Rs 3,000 crore). Smartphone brands OnePlus and Oppo and superbike maker Benelli also announced plans to invest in Telangana.
When Lokesh Greeted Jagan with Folded Hands Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for the first time entered the AP Legislative Council Session on Monday. The first day of the 33rd Session commenced in the morning and was presided by Shariff Mohammed Ahmed the Chairman of the AP Legislative Council.
- Jagan's Popularity Soaring in Amaravati?
- Heat wave to continue in Chennai: IMD
- Chandrababu is Torture, Jagan is Torch-Bearer
- Which will make Rahul Gandhi stronger?
- AP Minister Calls Nara Lokesh as Mangalagiri Pappu in the Assembly
- Sri Reddy's next target is Actor Vishal
- Bar dancer stripped and attacked!
- Man cheats 32000 and escapes!
- Women directors for Chandrayaan 2!
- Girl dies as mother searches water!
- AP CM Jagan works for getting Special Category Status to AP
- BSNL website has listed the 'Abhinandan-151' prepaid recharge plan
- Trump called media corrupt & said journalists are enemy of the people
- Is Tamilnadu Govt doing its best to tackle the ongoing water crisis in the state?
- Telangana to receive Monsoon by June 20