According to sources Billionaire Elon Musk owned SpaceX has successfully launched and deployed a powerful next generation GPS navigation satellite into orbit making it the company's first ever US government sanctioned national security space mission. Furthermore a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket climbed into orbit on Sunday with the GPS 3 satellite designed to beam higher power positioning, navigation and timing signals around the world.
The company said "On Sunday, SpaceX successfully launched the US Air Force's first Global Positioning System III space vehicle (SV) from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida”. Reportedly the satellite was deployed to its intended orbit approximately one hour and 56 minutes after lift-off. Meanwhile due to mission requirements, SpaceX did not attempt to land Falcon 9's first stage after launch.
US Vice President Mike Pence, also Chairman of the US National Space Council said "The most important thing is that we get that rocket up safely and securely and it achieves its mission". The report said "Multiple data streams will enable receivers in aircraft, for example, to compensate for atmospheric effects that might otherwise reduce accuracy”. Accordingly SpaceX won an initial contract to launch the first GPS 3 satellite in 2016.
Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65% New Delhi sources stated that Telecom operator Reliance Jio reported a jump of 65% in its net profit to Rs 831 crore during the December 2018 quarter, mainly on account of a rise in customer base. Meanwhile the company had recorded a net profit of Rs 681 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?