Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) leader was arrested from the courtroom for having investments beyond his declared assets in Al-Azizia Steel Mills corruption reference and the court acquitted Sharif in the Flagship Investments case. Meanwhile Judge Arshad Malik also imposed a $2.5 million fine on Sharif after ruling that Al-Azizia Steel Mills a Saudi Arabian firm carrying the name of his son belonged to the former Prime Minister and that he was unable to demonstrate how the project was funded.
Accordingly his sons, Hassan and Hussain, were declared absconders and Sharif was expected to appeal against his latest conviction. Furthermore following the verdict announcement, PML-N supporters clashed with security personnel. Tear gas and baton charge were used to disperse the protesters. Meanwhile security around the Judicial Complex in Islamabad was increased ahead of the verdict, with at least 1,400 personnel deployed in and around the court premises. All routes leading to the court were also sealed.
Moreover the trial against the Sharifs commenced on September 14, 2017 after Pakistan's anti-corruption body filed three cases relating to the Avenfield, Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Hill Metal Establishment, and offshore companies including Flagship Investment Limited on the Supreme Court's directives in the landmark Panamagate verdict. Reportedly his sons are accused in all three references whereas daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Muhammad Safdar were accused in the Avenfield reference only.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?