Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) leader was arrested from the courtroom for having investments beyond his declared assets in Al-Azizia Steel Mills corruption reference and the court acquitted Sharif in the Flagship Investments case. Meanwhile Judge Arshad Malik also imposed a $2.5 million fine on Sharif after ruling that Al-Azizia Steel Mills a Saudi Arabian firm carrying the name of his son belonged to the former Prime Minister and that he was unable to demonstrate how the project was funded.
Accordingly his sons, Hassan and Hussain, were declared absconders and Sharif was expected to appeal against his latest conviction. Furthermore following the verdict announcement, PML-N supporters clashed with security personnel. Tear gas and baton charge were used to disperse the protesters. Meanwhile security around the Judicial Complex in Islamabad was increased ahead of the verdict, with at least 1,400 personnel deployed in and around the court premises. All routes leading to the court were also sealed.
Moreover the trial against the Sharifs commenced on September 14, 2017 after Pakistan's anti-corruption body filed three cases relating to the Avenfield, Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Hill Metal Establishment, and offshore companies including Flagship Investment Limited on the Supreme Court's directives in the landmark Panamagate verdict. Reportedly his sons are accused in all three references whereas daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Muhammad Safdar were accused in the Avenfield reference only.
17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh Andhra Pradesh treasury has become empty after the TDP government was on an overdrive of Welfare Schemes to please the people before the election. The State has come to a Position in which except Pensions and employees' salaries noting can be paid. Bills worth whopping amount of Rs 17,413 crore is pending as on April 22nd.
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism