New Delhi sources made a statement that according to a document of the central bank the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon introduce a new Rs 20 currency note with additional features. As per report it was stated that the central bank has already issued new look currency notes in the denominations of Rs 10, Rs 50, Rs 100, and Rs 500, besides introducing Rs 200 and Rs 2,000 bank notes.
Accordingly the new look notes are being introduced since November 2016 under Mahatma Gandhi (New) series. These are different in size and design compared to the notes issued previously. Meanwhile the currency notes, except for banned Rs 500 and Rs 1,000, issued under old series continue to remain legal tender.
Furthermore according to the RBI data bank, there were 4.92 billion pieces of Rs 20 note in circulation as on March 31, 2016. Moreover the number more than doubled to about 10 billion pieces by March 2018. Reportedly the Rs 20 notes accounted for 9.8 per cent of the total number of currency notes in circulation at the end of March 2018.
CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue According to sources probably for the first time after Telangana state formation, CM KCR has been cornered to the core and there is an all round attack on him like never before. Meanwhile even party's seniors and other leaders are in a fix over the growing dissent against the government. Furthermore even ministers and veterans of party disown the government's stand on RTC strike and this whole turmoil has snowballed into RTC Vs KCR instead of RTC Vs Government and instead
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case