According to sources contrary to expectations, the state transport department which earlier announced that it would soon buy new buses including the much anticipated electric buses for the city, has now reversed its stance. Meanwhile the highly placed sources in the transport department stated that it would take yet another year to complete all procedural formalities for the new buses to hit the roads, extending the deadline to 2020.
Furthermore sources added that officials have decided to procure 2,100 new buses including small buses without any further delay. An official said "Accordingly, we have temporarily prepared a new chart under which 200 buses will hit the roads on May 31, while 500 more would be operated from June 30. Likewise, the department will flag off 700 buses on July 31, and an additional 600 buses from August 31".
The official added "Of course, the first batch of buses was scheduled to hit the roads by last May, but, hit by fund crunch, it did not materialize. Later, Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami flagged off 471 mofussil buses in October". Another official noted "We are planning to replace old buses gradually, as everything cannot be processed overnight".
New Zealand PM slammed Trump for his remark on Congresswomen New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Tuesday joined international condemnation of US President Donald Trump’s xenophobic tweets about progressive Democrat congresswomen. Meanwhile Ardern, the charismatic young leader who has been hailed as “the anti-Trump” by US media, said she proudly celebrated her country’s diversity. “Usually I don’t get into other people’s
- Hike in salary of Police officials by Karnataka Govt
- Govt wants a suitable buyer for Air India
- Why Mudragada is silent now?
- TTD Chairman planned to serve people by spending money from his pocket
- VMRDA new Chairman thanked CM Jagan
- Importance of filing Income tax, Filing Last date July 31
- Chandrababu Sending Rayapati to BJP?
- High Court Grants Temporary Relief to Bigg Boss Organizers
- TV9 Sentiment for Ravi Prakash's New Channel?
- International Court of Justice Cancels the Death Sentence of Kulbushan Jadhav
- Red Warning issued to Kerala
- Why PM Modi angry with the Cabinet Ministers?
- Will AP Auto Drivers be paid Rs.10000 Per Year?
- New Governor appointed for AP
- No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman