Sources from Guwahati stated that Assam’s long wait for the Bogibeel Bridge the longest rail cum road bridge will end when Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated it on Tuesday. Accordingly the 4.9km long bridge, which witnessed several protests and missed deadlines, will not only improve connectivity between the banks of the mighty Brahmaputra River, but also help the economic development of the region and strengthen the defense movement along the India-China frontiers.
Meanwhile the Bogibeel Bridge, an offshoot of the Assam Movement which culminated with the signing of the Assam Accord in 1985, is also recognized as Asia’s second longest bridge with three-lane roads on top and a double line rail below. Furthermore when speaking about the bridge, former Assam chief minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta, said “It has been a long pending demand of the people of the region and I feel glad that it has become a reality now.”
Moreover being built in prime location, the bridge also carries strategic importance to India by significantly enhancing its ability to transport troops and supplies to its border with Tibet in Arunachal Pradesh. Hence India and China share a nearly 4,000 km long border, with almost 75% in Arunachal Pradesh.
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam