Accordingly asserting that his government is committed to curbing corruption, Prime Minister Narendra Modi cited the extradition of AgustaWestland chopper scam accused Christian Michel from UAE to India to underscore his point. PM Modi said while inaugurating the country's largest Rail-Road bridge that "Our government is committed to fighting corruption".
PM said "Four years ago, nobody could even think that the biggest 'Raazdaar' (custodian of secrets) in the helicopter scam could be brought to India. But he has been brought here by our government". Furthermore he was referring to the extradition of Christian Michel from the UAE earlier this month in connection with irregularities in Rs. 3,600 crore deal signed in 2010 for the purchase of 12 VVIP helicopters from AgustaWestland.
He added "On one hand under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana our government has given houses to more than 1.25 crore families while under the Benami Transactions Act we have seized Rs. 5,000 crore worth bungalows and vehicles from the corrupt". Moreover when talking about infrastructure, Prime Minister Modi said that his government in the last four years has built three bridges over the Brahmaputra river that is equivalent to the total number of bridges made in the 60-70 years since independence.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?