New Delhi sources stated that is a big day for Muslim women with the Lok Sabha set to discuss the bill on instant triple talaq, Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Vijay Goel said on Thursday as the government struggled to get consensus on the issue. Meanwhile leaders from various parties spoke on the issue of the proposed law that will make instant triple talaq illegal and void and attract a jail term of three years for the husband.
Accordingly "It is a big day for Muslim women. They have been facing injustice for the past 1,000 years. Goel told reporters "The Modi government is going to pass the bill against triple talaq and it could have happened in 2017, but certain state Congress governments were opposing the decision. Meanwhile the Cabinet passed an ordinance and now the government is going to free all Muslim women from triple talaq". Furthermore Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge appealed to the government to refrain from interfering in religious matters.
Kharge said "We will discuss the bill. The government shouldn't interfere in religious matters," citing Article 25 of the Constitution on 'freedom of conscience and free profession, practice and propagation of religion'. The Congress leader said "Hence, we are fighting it. We will ask all parties about the bill, on whether there are problems with it. We will see if sending it to a parliamentary committee is the solution".
Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president? Reportedly former India captain Sourav Ganguly, who is set to take charge as the head of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), on Tuesday spoke about his meeting with BJP President Amit Shah a day before he emerged as the lone contender in the race to be BCCI president. Meanwhile after Ganguly met Shah, the rumors of the former India cricketer joining the ruling party in India started doing the rounds.
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders