Opposition parties protested demanding the forwarding of the bill banning triple Talaq to the parliamentary special committee. The Islamic practice of men saying Talaq thrice and divorcing their wives, called as Talaq was opposed by the BJP party and a bill was proposed in against this practice in September. This was passed in the Lok Sabha as well.
However without gaining majority, the passing of this bill failed in the Rajya Sabha. Due to this, the central government urgently passed a law to impose ban on triple Talaq procedure and Indian president Ramnath kovind also gave approval for the same.
The opposition parties including ADMK were involved in protests against the law, and law minister Ravishankar Prasad said that this law wasn't enacted against any religious sentiments. Despite ADMK and Congress walking out, the bill was passed.
Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate Accordingly Finance Minister Arun Jaitley might make a move to the income tax exemption threshold to the salaried, which is as of now Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, which would be a huge relief to the middle class. Furthermore resuming tax free status for medical expenses and transport allowance, this move is being made to provide relief to this class, which was probably the worst hit by demonetization.
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi