Accordingly the use of DNA fingerprinting and forensic analysis to solve cases has also increased, the Hyderabad police say. Previously in 2018, the Finger Print Unit under the Clues Team cracked a total of 103 cases in total and 21 arrests were made based on the evidence provided by the team. Recently the unit has also helped solve 50 previously unsolved cases after fingerprints from those cases were matched with first time offenders and the use of forensics by the police range from identifying unknown dead bodies to keeping track of previous offenders.
N Venkanna, scientific officer and head of Clues Team said “We use sophisticated technology such as XCAT to detect narcotics. We have a 3D scanner (Terrestrial Laser Scanning) to help us reconstruct a crime scene. We use high intensity lights UV and super lights to get possible leads for an investigation and presently we are involved with over 4,400 investigations in the city. We are now developing our digital forensic capabilities”.
Moreover the police claim that the use of technology has helped them get a 35 % conviction rate this year, which is 10 % more than last year. In 2017, the conviction was 598 cases and in 2018, it has gone up to 1,471 cases. Further those closely observing the sector feel that the Telangana police, much like the police in the rest of the country, are slow in technology adoption and could do better.
Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate Accordingly Finance Minister Arun Jaitley might make a move to the income tax exemption threshold to the salaried, which is as of now Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, which would be a huge relief to the middle class. Furthermore resuming tax free status for medical expenses and transport allowance, this move is being made to provide relief to this class, which was probably the worst hit by demonetization.
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi