New Delhi sources stated that the Lok Sabha had passed the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2018 that makes instant triple talaq or talaq-e-biddat a criminal offence, with a jail term of up to three years with a fine.
Meanwhile the bill, which seeks to replace an ordinance promulgated in September prohibiting divorce by pronouncing "talaq" by the husband, was passed after over four hour discussion that saw some heated exchanges between the opposition and treasury benches. Reportedly before a vote on the bill, the Congress and the AIADMK staged a walkout over the government not accepting their demand to refer it to a joint select committee of the Parliament.
Furthermore the bill makes instant triple talaq a cognizable offence, attracting up to three years' imprisonment with a fine. Moreover the offence will be cognizable if information relating to the offence is given by the married woman against whom talaq has been pronounced or any person related to her by blood or marriage. Perhaps the proposed law would be applicable to the entire country, except in Jammu and Kashmir.
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam