Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad’s Goods & Service Tax (GST) Commissionerate has attached two bank accounts of Tollywood actor G. Mahesh Babu for failing to pay service tax of Rs 18.5 lakh for the financial year 2007-08. Reportedly the accounts were seized to retrieve tax of Rs 73.5 lakh which includes the interest and penalty.
Recently the actor was seen in Bharat Ane Nenu, has reportedly not paid GST on services provided by him as brand ambassador/appearance money and advertising for promotion of products. Perhaps the total tax due from him was Rs 18.5 lakh. Previously the authorities of GST department attached his bank account in Axis Bank and ICICI Bank for an amount of Rs 73.5 lakh which includes tax, interest and penalty.
Moreover the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) regards actors, cameramen, directors/assistant directors, music directors/assistant music directors, art directors/assistant art directors as professionals. Hence as per Notification No. 12, services by an artiste performing folk or classical art forms of music, dance or theatre is not charged GST, if the consideration charged for such performance is not more than Rs 1,50,000. Furthermore for other forms of art or where consideration exceeds Rs 1,50,000, Central GST and State GST/UTGST are charged at 9% each (aggregating to 18%) and IGST rate is 18%.
Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65% New Delhi sources stated that Telecom operator Reliance Jio reported a jump of 65% in its net profit to Rs 831 crore during the December 2018 quarter, mainly on account of a rise in customer base. Meanwhile the company had recorded a net profit of Rs 681 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?