Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad’s Goods & Service Tax (GST) Commissionerate has attached two bank accounts of Tollywood actor G. Mahesh Babu for failing to pay service tax of Rs 18.5 lakh for the financial year 2007-08. Reportedly the accounts were seized to retrieve tax of Rs 73.5 lakh which includes the interest and penalty.
Recently the actor was seen in Bharat Ane Nenu, has reportedly not paid GST on services provided by him as brand ambassador/appearance money and advertising for promotion of products. Perhaps the total tax due from him was Rs 18.5 lakh. Previously the authorities of GST department attached his bank account in Axis Bank and ICICI Bank for an amount of Rs 73.5 lakh which includes tax, interest and penalty.
Moreover the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) regards actors, cameramen, directors/assistant directors, music directors/assistant music directors, art directors/assistant art directors as professionals. Hence as per Notification No. 12, services by an artiste performing folk or classical art forms of music, dance or theatre is not charged GST, if the consideration charged for such performance is not more than Rs 1,50,000. Furthermore for other forms of art or where consideration exceeds Rs 1,50,000, Central GST and State GST/UTGST are charged at 9% each (aggregating to 18%) and IGST rate is 18%.
100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency Hyderabad sources reported that in a bid to highlight their problems, about 100 turmeric farmers 50 each from Telangana and Tamilnadu, are planning to file nominations as independents from the Varanasi constituency, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi is seeking re-election.
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!