Accordingly starting from Tuesday, all Road Transport Offices (RTOs) in the state will not register or issue fitness certificates for passenger and commercial vehicles if they do not have certified GPS systems or emergency ‘panic’ buttons. Meanwhile the Karnataka State Transport Department issued a release which stated that it would be ensuring that the mandate by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is put into practice.
The release stated “AIS-140-certified vehicle tracking system along with emergency button is mandatory from January 1, 2019, for all public/passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles with the national permit”. Further it added that once the details were integrated, the state had the ability to monitor vehicles and track if there were any issues with over speeding.
Moreover as per the department, vehicles which are fitted with ‘AIS140-certified vehicle tracking’ and an emergency button will provide a safe environment for passengers and will ensure that road safety measures are followed. Accordingly a national vehicle tracking portal has been developed by the BSNL which will allow RTOs to check and ensure that all vehicles meet these standards. Further there have been several cases where passengers have been harassed by cab drivers to have safety checks in place to prevent such incidents from occurring.
TN Milk agents warn Simbu! Controversial hero Simbu aka STR has always been known for his negative publicity stunts and the actor who had troubled director Aadhik Ravichandran and producer Michael Rayappan during the making of the colossal disaster Anbanavan Asarathavan Adangathavan had made a return to form with his last release, the Maniratnam directed multistarrer Chekka Chivantha Vaanam.
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!