Accordingly starting from Tuesday, all Road Transport Offices (RTOs) in the state will not register or issue fitness certificates for passenger and commercial vehicles if they do not have certified GPS systems or emergency ‘panic’ buttons. Meanwhile the Karnataka State Transport Department issued a release which stated that it would be ensuring that the mandate by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is put into practice.
The release stated “AIS-140-certified vehicle tracking system along with emergency button is mandatory from January 1, 2019, for all public/passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles with the national permit”. Further it added that once the details were integrated, the state had the ability to monitor vehicles and track if there were any issues with over speeding.
Moreover as per the department, vehicles which are fitted with ‘AIS140-certified vehicle tracking’ and an emergency button will provide a safe environment for passengers and will ensure that road safety measures are followed. Accordingly a national vehicle tracking portal has been developed by the BSNL which will allow RTOs to check and ensure that all vehicles meet these standards. Further there have been several cases where passengers have been harassed by cab drivers to have safety checks in place to prevent such incidents from occurring.
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam