Accordingly starting from Tuesday, all Road Transport Offices (RTOs) in the state will not register or issue fitness certificates for passenger and commercial vehicles if they do not have certified GPS systems or emergency ‘panic’ buttons. Meanwhile the Karnataka State Transport Department issued a release which stated that it would be ensuring that the mandate by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is put into practice.
The release stated “AIS-140-certified vehicle tracking system along with emergency button is mandatory from January 1, 2019, for all public/passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles with the national permit”. Further it added that once the details were integrated, the state had the ability to monitor vehicles and track if there were any issues with over speeding.
Moreover as per the department, vehicles which are fitted with ‘AIS140-certified vehicle tracking’ and an emergency button will provide a safe environment for passengers and will ensure that road safety measures are followed. Accordingly a national vehicle tracking portal has been developed by the BSNL which will allow RTOs to check and ensure that all vehicles meet these standards. Further there have been several cases where passengers have been harassed by cab drivers to have safety checks in place to prevent such incidents from occurring.
Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama! Entire Telangana Police Department is searching for one person right from morning. Congress party has called for seizing Pragathi Bhavan in support of RTC demands. Police has start searching for Congress party leaders and make them under house arrest.
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time