New Delhi sources stated that the UNICEF said on Tuesday India would welcome as many as 69,944 babies on New Year's Day, the highest in the world. Accordingly the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund said in a report India would be followed by China which would welcome 44,940 babies. Meanwhile it added in Nigeria, 25,685 babies will be born.
Furthermore the year 2019 also marks the 30th anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, which UNICEF will be commemorating with worldwide events throughout the year. Reportedly the UNICEF said under the convention, governments committed to, among other things, take measures to save every child by providing good quality healthcare. Furthermore the report also noted that on January 1 around the world, families will welcome countless Alexanders and Ayeshas, Zixuans and Zainabs, but in several countries, many babies will not even be named as they would not make it past their first day.
UNICEF said earlier in 2017, about 1 million babies died the day they were born, and 2.5 million in just their first month of life. Moreover among those children, most died from preventable causes such as premature birth, complications during delivery, and infections like sepsis and pneumonia, a violation of their basic right to survival. Hence an estimated 3,95,072 babies, including 69,944 babies in India, will be born around the world on New Year's Day.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights