As per report the plastic industry has alleged that the state government has not given them enough time to prepare, prior to implementing the plastic ban. Earlier on World Environment Day this year, with a view to curb the effects of plastic on the environment, the Tamilnadu government announced a ban on non-biodegradable and single use plastic and had recommended the use of natural, environmental friendly products.
Furthermore when explaining the dangers that the use of plastic has, on the environment and on animals, Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami told the Assembly on June 5, “With the vision of gifting a plastic free Tamilnadu to our future generation, the government hereby bans the use of plastic goods of all sizes (microns).” Reportedly traders in Thoothukudi district too downed their shutters, condemning "the state government for not giving proper alternatives for the ancillary businesses."
Moreover when speaking to the newspaper, Thoothukudi Plastic Manufacturers and Sellers Association President Senthil Kumar said, "While it was said that paper cups, non-woven carry bags, Polypropylene (PP covers) and aluminium foil could be used as alternatives, some officials say that these are also banned. Even though we also subscribe to the idea of a plastic ban in the state, it is disheartening to note that our concerns were not taken into account by the Chief Minister."
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours