Accordingly two days after the Tamilnadu government’s ban on single use plastics came into force, the Chennai Corporation has seized almost 12.50 metric tonnes of the banned item from across the city. As per report the items were seized after the Corporation officials conducted surprise checks in various localities. Meanwhile the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) had requested the public to deposit items made of single use plastic in their respective ward offices before December 31, 2018.
Earlier on December 31, 1.88 metric tonnes of the banned items were brought to the ward offices across the city. Furthermore on January 1, GCC seized 662 kgs of banned plastic items from Sholinganallur zone and 563 kgs of plastic items from Ambattur zone. 439 kgs of single use plastic products were seized from Anna Nagar.
Further 2,376 kgs of banned plastic was seized from Valasaravakkam, 859 kgs from Kodambakkam and 761 kgs of banned plastic from Anna Nagar were seized on January 2. Previously as per report the government of Tamilnadu banned the use of plastics on June 5, 2018, on World Environment Day. The ban came on the recommendation made by a Select House Committee, which was given the task of analyzing the effect of such ban by former Chief Minister J Jayalalitha.
2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls Accordingly not limiting themselves to expressing outrage on social media, or lamenting that Indian politics is ridden with corruption, two young women in the state have sprung a surprise by deciding to contest in the Telangana Panchayat elections. Meanwhile these two women are 24 year old Sushmitha Naidu from Nizamabad and 30 year old Sai Pravallika Nagam from Ghatkesar.
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu