Accordingly two days after the Tamilnadu government’s ban on single use plastics came into force, the Chennai Corporation has seized almost 12.50 metric tonnes of the banned item from across the city. As per report the items were seized after the Corporation officials conducted surprise checks in various localities. Meanwhile the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) had requested the public to deposit items made of single use plastic in their respective ward offices before December 31, 2018.
Earlier on December 31, 1.88 metric tonnes of the banned items were brought to the ward offices across the city. Furthermore on January 1, GCC seized 662 kgs of banned plastic items from Sholinganallur zone and 563 kgs of plastic items from Ambattur zone. 439 kgs of single use plastic products were seized from Anna Nagar.
Further 2,376 kgs of banned plastic was seized from Valasaravakkam, 859 kgs from Kodambakkam and 761 kgs of banned plastic from Anna Nagar were seized on January 2. Previously as per report the government of Tamilnadu banned the use of plastics on June 5, 2018, on World Environment Day. The ban came on the recommendation made by a Select House Committee, which was given the task of analyzing the effect of such ban by former Chief Minister J Jayalalitha.
BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s decision to contest Lok Sabha polls from Wayanad in Kerala drew the attention of the country to the constituency. Rahul is already contesting from his Amethi constituency against Smriti Irani. But then, Rahul Gandhi is up against four other Gandhis who contested for the same seat.
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...