After the sad demise of the senior leader of DMK and former Tamilnadu Chief minister Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, his Thiruvarur constituency has been vacant for around four months, and now the election commission had finally announced bye-elections for Thiruvarur constituency this week.
The Election Commission had on Monday announced that it will to conduct Thiruvarur Bye election for Thiruvarur on January 28, and that January 10 will be deadline for filing nominations to contest the elections and vote counting will be on January 31.
Days after the announcement now a strange thing has happened as fans of actor - producer Udhayanidhi Stalin, son of DMK Chief Stalin, had nominated him by themselves for the elections. Thiruvarur had always been a DMK fort, and this is Stalin's first Bye-polls after taking over president post of DMK, and let's see if Udhayanidhi Stalin gets opportunity to contest election.
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram