After the sad demise of the senior leader of DMK and former Tamilnadu Chief minister Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, his Thiruvarur constituency has been vacant for around four months, and now the election commission had finally announced bye-elections for Thiruvarur constituency this week.
The Election Commission had on Monday announced that it will to conduct Thiruvarur Bye election for Thiruvarur on January 28, and that January 10 will be deadline for filing nominations to contest the elections and vote counting will be on January 31.
Days after the announcement now a strange thing has happened as fans of actor - producer Udhayanidhi Stalin, son of DMK Chief Stalin, had nominated him by themselves for the elections. Thiruvarur had always been a DMK fort, and this is Stalin's first Bye-polls after taking over president post of DMK, and let's see if Udhayanidhi Stalin gets opportunity to contest election.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?