Accordingly right wing activist called for a strike in protest of two women entering Sabarimala yesterday. Meanwhile this turned into huge riots across Kerala and more than 750 were arrested for attacking several shops and police personnel when tried to control the mob. Reportedly a person, Chandran Unnithan died on Wednesday, who was attacked by CPM workers during his protest march by the Sabarimala Karma Samithi in Pandalam.
As per report they were armed with homemade bombs and stones and have attacked the streets since morning and many shops. Furthermore the strike was called by an umbrella organization of right-wing groups and Antarrashtriya Hindu Parishad, called Sabarimala Karma Samithi and BJP supported the strike against CPM govt while Congress observed a 'black day'.
Moreover the strike turned violent in many places like Kozhikode, Kannur Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram and Malappuram, that compelled police to use batons and water cannons. Reportedly many people were injured in the riots and in an incident where the BJP men tried to force shut down a restaurant, they suffered knife wounds in Thrissur during altercation with workers of the Social Democratic Party of India, a popular wing of a militant Islamic outfit.
Kamal Haasan trolled by director! Ulaga Nayagan Kamal Hassan, the MNM party president had recently posted a funny video, where he becomes angered by promises given by existing political leaders and throws remote on TV and breaks the TV, which has been trolled by many people.
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media
- Voting in Phase 2 Lok Sabha Election begins
- First major raid conducted on BJP leaders in Karnataka
- Why AMMK Men protested against flying squad?
- Tamilnadu gearing up for LS Polls