Accordingly actor turned politician Kamal Hassan has said that he would not mix politics and cinema. Meanwhile with just months to go for the 2019 parliamentary elections, speculations have been rife over the moves of newbie politicians Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan. Recently Kamal had said that his party, Makkal Needhi Maiam, would contest in all 39 Lok Sabha seats from the state. When speaking to reporters at the Chennai Airport on Thursday, Kamal said, “Acting is business. Politics is his desire and he won't mix the two.”
Furthermore in an interview with ANI Editor Smitha Prakash, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was asked whether his party would ally with Rajinikanth or Kamal Hassan in an attempt to increase the BJP's footprint in south India. Reportedly PM Modi said, “We always try to walk with everyone, those want to walk with us, and those we want to walk with. It is linked with our principle to strengthen regional aspirations.”
Moreover when asked about this, Kamal said, "His stand is that he will ally with us if we go to him and our stance is whether we will go. We will talk about it in a separate meeting." Further on the announcement of bye-polls in late DMK supreme M Karunanidhi’s constituency, Kamal said, “He is happy that they have announced it at least now.”
Kamal Haasan trolled by director! Ulaga Nayagan Kamal Hassan, the MNM party president had recently posted a funny video, where he becomes angered by promises given by existing political leaders and throws remote on TV and breaks the TV, which has been trolled by many people.
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media
- Voting in Phase 2 Lok Sabha Election begins
- First major raid conducted on BJP leaders in Karnataka
- Why AMMK Men protested against flying squad?
- Tamilnadu gearing up for LS Polls