Accordingly actor turned politician Kamal Hassan has said that he would not mix politics and cinema. Meanwhile with just months to go for the 2019 parliamentary elections, speculations have been rife over the moves of newbie politicians Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan. Recently Kamal had said that his party, Makkal Needhi Maiam, would contest in all 39 Lok Sabha seats from the state. When speaking to reporters at the Chennai Airport on Thursday, Kamal said, “Acting is business. Politics is his desire and he won't mix the two.”
Furthermore in an interview with ANI Editor Smitha Prakash, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was asked whether his party would ally with Rajinikanth or Kamal Hassan in an attempt to increase the BJP's footprint in south India. Reportedly PM Modi said, “We always try to walk with everyone, those want to walk with us, and those we want to walk with. It is linked with our principle to strengthen regional aspirations.”
Moreover when asked about this, Kamal said, "His stand is that he will ally with us if we go to him and our stance is whether we will go. We will talk about it in a separate meeting." Further on the announcement of bye-polls in late DMK supreme M Karunanidhi’s constituency, Kamal said, “He is happy that they have announced it at least now.”
P Chidambaram says GST is main cause of economic slow down Sources from New Delhi stated that Senior Congress leader P Chidambaram, who is currently lodged in Tihar Jail in a corruption case, said the Prime minister's former economic adviser has admitted that a "flawed" GST is the main cause of economic slowdown, but forgot to mention demonetization. Meanwhile Chidambaram, who is in jail since September 5 for alleged corruption in the INX Media
- If BJP wants to reinvigorate economy, abolish Personal Income Tax
- 2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut
- NASA manages to locate Chandrayaan 2's Vikram Lander for the Second time
- Penalty imposed on SB & LVB for non-compliance with RBIs directions on Frauds classification
- Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana?
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?