After the sensational announcement by Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi in November 2016 to demonetizing the then existing 500 and 1000 rupee notes, the 2000 rupees notes which came to existence then, have been stopped to be printed, say reports. Along with 2000 rupees notes, new 500 rupee note with a different look was also introduced, but reportedly 2000 rupee notes are going to be gradually reduced.
The Prime minister, in his announcement in 2016, had termed the demonetization as an attempt to abolish black money, but now, the very same central government governed by Modi is said to be suspecting that he 2000 rupees notes are predominantly being used for evading taxes and in money laundering activities, cited as the reason to stop printing new 2000 rupee notes.
As of March 2018 2000 rupee notes in circulation, contributed to 37% of the total money, which amounted to 6.7 lakh crores and with such heavy inflow of 2000 notes, this tough decision to stop printing is taken. On the other hand, RBI officials have said that it is a periodic activity done by central government and Reserve Bank of India together to reduce printing of specific notes in circulation.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?