After the sensational announcement by Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi in November 2016 to demonetizing the then existing 500 and 1000 rupee notes, the 2000 rupees notes which came to existence then, have been stopped to be printed, say reports. Along with 2000 rupees notes, new 500 rupee note with a different look was also introduced, but reportedly 2000 rupee notes are going to be gradually reduced.
The Prime minister, in his announcement in 2016, had termed the demonetization as an attempt to abolish black money, but now, the very same central government governed by Modi is said to be suspecting that he 2000 rupees notes are predominantly being used for evading taxes and in money laundering activities, cited as the reason to stop printing new 2000 rupee notes.
As of March 2018 2000 rupee notes in circulation, contributed to 37% of the total money, which amounted to 6.7 lakh crores and with such heavy inflow of 2000 notes, this tough decision to stop printing is taken. On the other hand, RBI officials have said that it is a periodic activity done by central government and Reserve Bank of India together to reduce printing of specific notes in circulation.
17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh Andhra Pradesh treasury has become empty after the TDP government was on an overdrive of Welfare Schemes to please the people before the election. The State has come to a Position in which except Pensions and employees' salaries noting can be paid. Bills worth whopping amount of Rs 17,413 crore is pending as on April 22nd.
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism