Chennai sources added Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami informed that the relief package for fishermen who lost their boats due to cyclone Gaja will be increased from Rs 85,000 to Rs 1.50 lakh. Meanwhile when responding to a special call attention motion moved by members of various Opposition parties on the cyclone relief works, the Chief Minister said following continuous requests from MLAs, ministers and fishermen, the compensation given for fully damaged FRB boats would be increased to Rs 1.5 lakh. 'Gaja' which caused extensive damage in 12 districts in November last year, had claimed 52 lives.
Furthermore families, who left the relief camp, were given a special relief package of 27 items at a cost of Rs 233.59 crore to start their routine life. Hence stating that in no state such a package containing 27 items were given, the Chief Minister said so far 6,39,495 families have benefited through this gesture.
Previously leader of the Opposition and DMK president M. K. Stalin urged the government to waive off the farm loans availed by farmers from PSUs and cooperative banks, the educational loans availed by the students, the loans availed by women self help groups (SHGs) and the loans availed by fishermen for their boats.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?