Chennai sources added Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami informed that the relief package for fishermen who lost their boats due to cyclone Gaja will be increased from Rs 85,000 to Rs 1.50 lakh. Meanwhile when responding to a special call attention motion moved by members of various Opposition parties on the cyclone relief works, the Chief Minister said following continuous requests from MLAs, ministers and fishermen, the compensation given for fully damaged FRB boats would be increased to Rs 1.5 lakh. 'Gaja' which caused extensive damage in 12 districts in November last year, had claimed 52 lives.
Furthermore families, who left the relief camp, were given a special relief package of 27 items at a cost of Rs 233.59 crore to start their routine life. Hence stating that in no state such a package containing 27 items were given, the Chief Minister said so far 6,39,495 families have benefited through this gesture.
Previously leader of the Opposition and DMK president M. K. Stalin urged the government to waive off the farm loans availed by farmers from PSUs and cooperative banks, the educational loans availed by the students, the loans availed by women self help groups (SHGs) and the loans availed by fishermen for their boats.
BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s decision to contest Lok Sabha polls from Wayanad in Kerala drew the attention of the country to the constituency. Rahul is already contesting from his Amethi constituency against Smriti Irani. But then, Rahul Gandhi is up against four other Gandhis who contested for the same seat.
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...