Chennai sources stated that barely a few days after the Election Commission of India announcing January 28 as the date for the by-election in the Tiruvarur Assembly constituency, the poll now seems pretty uncertain. Meanwhile in an unprecedented move that raised many questions not all of them kind the ECI has initiated a process to assess, afresh and rather belatedly, if the post Gaja conditions would allow the poll.
Furthermore the EC action follows the petition filed in the Supreme Court by CPI leader D, Raja against holding the by-poll in Tiruvarur because people there are yet to recover from the damage and destruction by Cyclone Gaja and besides, the government relief work was still going on.
Moreover with almost every political party and farmers’ body, barring the ruling AIADMK, expressing displeasure if not shock at the EC announcing the Tiruvarur by-election, and the strong sentiments expressed against holding the poll at the district EO meeting, the ECI is unlikely to go ahead with its January 28 date for the poll.
2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls Accordingly not limiting themselves to expressing outrage on social media, or lamenting that Indian politics is ridden with corruption, two young women in the state have sprung a surprise by deciding to contest in the Telangana Panchayat elections. Meanwhile these two women are 24 year old Sushmitha Naidu from Nizamabad and 30 year old Sai Pravallika Nagam from Ghatkesar.
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu