Chennai sources stated that barely a few days after the Election Commission of India announcing January 28 as the date for the by-election in the Tiruvarur Assembly constituency, the poll now seems pretty uncertain. Meanwhile in an unprecedented move that raised many questions not all of them kind the ECI has initiated a process to assess, afresh and rather belatedly, if the post Gaja conditions would allow the poll.
Furthermore the EC action follows the petition filed in the Supreme Court by CPI leader D, Raja against holding the by-poll in Tiruvarur because people there are yet to recover from the damage and destruction by Cyclone Gaja and besides, the government relief work was still going on.
Moreover with almost every political party and farmers’ body, barring the ruling AIADMK, expressing displeasure if not shock at the EC announcing the Tiruvarur by-election, and the strong sentiments expressed against holding the poll at the district EO meeting, the ECI is unlikely to go ahead with its January 28 date for the poll.
BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s decision to contest Lok Sabha polls from Wayanad in Kerala drew the attention of the country to the constituency. Rahul is already contesting from his Amethi constituency against Smriti Irani. But then, Rahul Gandhi is up against four other Gandhis who contested for the same seat.
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...