According to sources the past decade has seen some incredible innovations in scientific research and all the winners have made great strides in their respective fields," said Infosys Science Foundation president K. Dinesh on the occasion. Meanwhile the annual prize celebrates the success of the recipients in science and research by recognizing their achievements in the six categories of Engineering and Computer Sciences, Humanities, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences.
Reportedly the prize carries a gold medal, a citation and a tax free purse for Rs 73 lakh. Furthermore the winners were selected by a six member jury of renowned scientists and professors Kaushik Basu, Pradeep Khosla, Shrinivas Kulkarni, Amartya Sen, Mriganka Sur and Srinivasa Varadhan.
The foundation said "Our laureates have achieved milestones in their domains and 2018's winners will raise the bar for science and research over the next decade”. It was set up in 2009 as a not for profit organization by Infosys co-founders N.R. Narayana Murthy, Nanda Nilekani, S. Gopalakrishnan, S.D. Shibulal and Dinesh, the Foundation promotes interest in science and research in the country.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue