Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana BJP MLA T Raja Singh said Sunday that he will not take oath in the presence of AIMIM legislator Mumtaz Ahmed Khan who would be acting as pro-tem Speaker, because the AIMIM "speaks against Hindus". Meanwhile MLAs would be taking oath on January 17, first day of the new Assembly's first session following the elections.
Furthermore in a video message, Singh, legislator from Goshamahal, demanded that Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao review the decision to appoint Khan, a senior All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen leader, as pro-tem speaker. Reportedly Telangana chief minister who is a follower of Nizam and MIM took a decision at night to make an MIM MLA pro-tem speaker and take oath in his presence.
Moreover the BJP MLA, known for provocative and controversial statements, said he did not want to take oath in Khan's presence, as AIMIM "speaks against Hindus and its leaders do not sing `Vande Mataram' or say `Bharat Mata Ki Jai'". Singh added “The first session of the newly-elected Assembly will be held from January 17 to 20”. Further on January 16, Khan would take oath as pro-tem speaker at Raj Bhavan.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours